We thought we would be doing a blog build-up through the past week on preparing for our Super Bowl party. Through the course of the week plans changed and members of our regular crew were not able to make it. Our party shifted from our age group to my oldest daughters group. Being 28 years old and having a boyfriend we hosted their friends. Usually we prepare ribs, tri-tip (those of you in Texas and the east coast may not know that cut of meat, strictly California cut). So we had a change of menu from the higher cuts of meat (at my daughters request) to hot dogs and hamburgers, from daiquiris, tequila, and Fireball to beer. The millennials just don’t appreciate the finer things in life.
However, we had an excellent bill of faire. Remember that what one may term as simple and basic it does not mean it is boring. It’s all in your presentation.
Here is a list of what we prepared:
- Tortilla chips with an assortment of dips.
- Hamburgers and Bacon
- Hot dogs
- Grilled Onions
- Bratwurst (our favorites come from CostCo)
- Sauté red and yellow peppers
- Lettuce, white onion, and two types of cheese (Sharp cheddar, Havarti and Smoked Gouda). Remember cheeses should be served in threes.
- An assortment of condiments to please any crowd.
While we watch the Denver Bronco scoring the big win of the 50th Super Bowl, we are scoring on the eats.
Coach Well. Play Well. Eat Well